FEBRUARY 15th 2023, WARSAW. The Second Plenary Session of Congress of People’s Deputies of Russia will take place on February 20 – 23, 2023 – just prior to the February 24 anniversary of Putin’s invasion into Ukraine. The delegates are legally elected representatives of people of Russia during different years and different levels, which received their mandates at internationally recognized elections. Their common platform is their rejection of Russia’s war against Ukraine, which began in 2014, and their readiness to change the socio-political system established in the Russian Federation.
The order of work of the Congress and its activities, proposed by the Executive Council of the Congress, will be the following topics for discussion:
● Draft of the new Constitution, which would reset Russia; denounce Putin’s illegal constitutional amendments; eliminate the position of the president; decentralize Russia and give the power to the regions; destroy the concept of Russia as an Empire, letting those regions who want to leave to secede peacefully.
● Revolutionary Act, which would stipulate the principles of the transition period, including naming FSB-KGB-United Russia as criminal organizations; creation of coalitional Transitional Administration of Russia as the new government; and a roadmap to free and fair elections, starting from the municipal level and upwards.
● Act of Peace, which would end the war; de-occupy all the annexed territories of Ukraine, including Donbass and Crimea; demobilize the drafted military personnel; set the objective to reach global security with nuclear arms in the hands of international organizations instead of national states; and setting the future of Russia as a member of EU and NATO.
During the first session of Congress, it passed the Appeal to international governments and parliaments, as well as to people of Russia and Ukraine. Also adopted was the first reading Act on Lustration and Act on Freedom of Speech, targeted to clean up the Russian political system and to eliminate state propaganda.
The Congress of People’s Deputies includes as its delegates:
1) Members of the Russian Parliament elected before March 14, 2014, who do not support the annexation of Crimea and the war against Ukraine;
2) Deputies of regional and municipal legislative bodies who condemn the annexation of Crimea and the war against Ukraine;
3) Russian citizens who have held other elected offices that do not support the annexation of Crimea and the war against Ukraine.
These delegates, as democratically elected representatives of the people of Russia, have a casting vote. As of today, 60+ deputies of different levels have confirmed their participation.
The Congress working materials and program will be published at http://rusdep.org.
The Executive Council of the Second Plenary Session of the Congress of People’s Deputies of Russia includes: Gennady Gudkov, Ilya Ponomarev, Mark Feygin, Arkadiy Yankovskiy, Alexander Osovtsov (all – State Duma deputies), Lyudmila Kotesova (Senator), Pyotr Tsarkov (Chairperson of Krasnoselsky Municipal District of Moscow), Dr. Elena Lukyanova (founder of Free University), Dr. Andrei Illarionov (former National Advisor on Economy), Andrei Sidelnikov (Chairperson of Congress’ Secretariat, founder of Speak Louder! movement), and Caesar (speaker of “Free Russia” Legion).
Accreditation. The congress is open for accredited media representatives. Accredited journalists will be informed of the rules of the congress, exact time, place and program of the event.
Please send your applications in any form, attaching your press card, via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +38-050-046-98-67 (all messengers, contact persons: Aleksey Baranovsky – official representative of the Congress).